UK Turkish Overseas Investment Forum was held on May 10, 2018 at London Conrad St James Hotel. Hosted by EEL Events and Co-Hosted by DEIK Outbound Investments Business Council, the event was designed upon the needs and requests of Turkish investors who are seeking to expand their operations globally.
Opening remarks were made by Outbound Investments Business Council Chairwoman Volkan Kara, Chairman of TBCCI Emma Edhem, UK Trade Envoy to Turkey Lord Janvrin and Turkish Rebuplic UK Ambassador Abdurrahman Bilgiç.
Supported and sponsored by Dentons, Clifford Chance, Dome Group, UK Department of International Trade, BCCT and TBCCI the event covered UK Business Climate, Brexit and Changing Trade&Investment Regulation, Structuring Foreign Investments in UK, Financing & Developing M&As and Outbound Projects, Retail Sector Highlights for Corporate Turkish Investors, Wealth Management & Real Estate Sector Highlights for international investors topics.
• H.E. Abdurrahman Bilgiç, Ambassador of Turkish Republic to UK
• H.E. Lord Janvrin, UK Turkey Trade Envoy
• Volkan Kara, DEIK Outbound Investments Business Council Chairman
• Emma Edhem, Chairwoman of TBBCI
• Chris Gaunt, Chairman BCCT
• Barlas Balcıoğlu, Partner, Baseak & Dentons
• Phillip Souta, Head of UK Public Policy, Clifford Chance LLP
• Vomic Shah, Regional Head of Bus. Development UK Export Finance
• Antonio Marsocci, Managing Partner, Think Positive
• Omar Majid, Director, Salonica Gorup
• David Hutchings, Head of the European Investment Strategy, Cushman & Wakefield
• Tylor Hartwell, Head of Transport and Telco, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Europe